With summer fast approaching, you’re probably already planning out your wardrobe. Any fashionista gets excited at the thought of summer clothes, with so many outfits to choose from. Think dreamy white dresses, flowing maxi skirts and chic wide leg trousers.
Which Style Suits You?
Wide leg pants burst onto the fashion scene in the 60’s when it was finally becoming acceptable for women to wear trousers. It’s no wonder they became popular since the cut flatters most figures, as well as giving the illusion of extra height and an added note of elegance. With so many styles of wide leg pants to pick from, you’re spoilt for choice.
• Palazzo pants are typically fitted around the waist and then gradually become wider. This cut is great for making your waist look tiny, for an hourglass shape tuck in a fitted vest and finish with a belt.
• Culottes are a shorter style of wide leg trousers. Since they’re cropped, they match perfectly with casual shoes like sneakers, ankle boots and flats.
• Wide leg trousers have seemed to become even wider, as seen on the runways of fashion week and on fashion it-girls such as Caroline Vreeland, Gigi Hadid and Elsa Hosk. Very wide trousers are versatile as they look like a skirt too. Wear them with a crop top or a light shirt.
What To Wear With Wide Leg Trousers
If it’s your first time styling a pair of wide leg trousers, then are a few things to keep in mind. Pick a colour that suits you; in summer white and pastel colours look effortlessly cool. In the winter months, opt for black, navy and dark tones.
• If you want to a create a streamlined silhouette, then tuck in a figure hugging vest or t-shirt. Wearing a body suit is also a great way of creating the effect of wearing a jumpsuit.
• If you prefer a casual look, then coordinate your trousers with an oversized shirt and then tuck it in, or simply tie a knot at the front.
• Take inspiration from the supermodels and wear your wide leg trousers with an edgy crop top. This outfit also looks amazing when layered with a leather or denim jacket.
How To Flatter Your Body Shape
You probably already know the importance of picking clothes that suit your figure and make you feel comfortable. When you feel confident, you’ll exude radiance, so the key is working out what looks best on you. Since there are a few different cuts of wide leg trousers, you should try and find the best one for your shape, as they’re an investment piece, which won’t go out of fashion.
• If you’re an hourglass shape, then emphasise your curves by wearing high-waisted wide leg pants, pair them with a bodysuit or vest.
• For pear shapes, balance your bottom half by wearing a structured top or blazer.
• Are you feeling self-conscious about your stomach area? Then simply layer a hip length blouse over your trousers to give you that extra comfort.
• If you’re petite, then you could add heels to your outfit, to give you a few extra inches of height.
Once you purchase your first pair of wide leg trousers, you’ll surely be addicted. This style isn’t going anywhere, so shop around and find colours, cuts and patterns that you love. Not only are wide leg trousers comfortable but they’ll also give you that glamorous supermodel appeal.