Turn heads this summer in bold, printed pants. Women’s trousers are no longer just made for practicality and comfort; now they’re made with the trendsetter in mind. So be ahead of the rest by stepping out in a pair of printed pants this summer.
If it’s your first time venturing into the world of printed pants, then the first thing to think about is what colours you prefer. If your style is bright and colourful then pick a vibrant floral print in pinks and oranges. If you usually wear darker colours than the monochromatic stripe print or abstract style would suit you. If pastels and muted tones are your favourites, then search for pants with lilac, peach and cream in the print. If you’re still unsure of which style you like, then the easiest thing to do is to pick a print that is popular and classic.
• The black and white gingham print is a fashion classic. Gingham cigarette pants are easy to throw on for work or when you want to look professional.
• The tartan print never goes out of fashion. Red tartan trousers look great with a black shirt or with a velvet vest for a classic yet striking mixture of fabrics.
Pick A Print That Pops
When it comes to prints, there are so many to choose from, from popular floral designs to stripes and geometrical prints. Pick one that matches your style and personality. If your taste is feminine, then florals may be perfect for you. For a more edgy style, stripes would definitely work; vertical ones are great for elongating your legs and giving you height. If you want a print that’s unique and quirky then opt for abstract and geometrical prints.
The Shape Is Key
There are so many shapes of trousers, so you should try out different pairs and find a cut that suits you and your body type. When buying printed trousers, it’s important to find a pair with a shape that works with the print. For example, a bright, big print would look great on wide leg trousers, as they would give you a bohemian look. On skinny pants, a smaller print would look better. Below is some more example of cuts and styles of trousers for you to choose from.
-Wide leg trousers flatter most body types. They’re great for slimming and making your legs look longer. Opt for high waisted one, to give you curves in all the right places.
– Straight leg trousers are a great go- to for when you want something a little simple. They can be worn with oversized shirts and flowy blouses.
-If you’re getting ready for the summer heat, then pull out a pair of cropped trousers. They look flattering when they sit just above, or just below your knees. Wide leg cropped pants look great with a simple white vest, for the ultimate laid-back look.
Coordinate Your Printed Pants With Neutrals
Once you’ve chosen your fashion-forward printed pants, then it’s time to pick your top. Beige, white, black and grey should be your go-to colours when coordinating with prints, these neutral colours will compliment prints perfectly. Keeping your top half simple makes sure that all the attention is on your pants and it will also stop you from looking like there’s too much going on.
• A classic white t-shirt looks effortlessly stylish when tucked into printed pants. Add leather accessories to finish off your outfit.
• If your pants are white or monochrome, then a black vest will match perfectly. Every woman should own a simple black vest, as they can be worn with just about anything, at any time of the year.
• If your pants contain pastel colours and a floral print, then coordinate them with a beige or nude vest. The soft colours will compliment each other perfectly.
One thing is for certain; there is a print to suit everyone. Printed trousers are an easy way to add some interest and style to your outfit. It’s a sure-fire way to earn some fashion points and make a statement.